Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finished! And the winners are...



I finished my book! I sent it off to the editor who was interested. It felt so good to hit SEND! The next step is to start researching agents who also might be interested in DOUBLE-BLIND. I'm sure I'll keep tinkering with the manuscript in the future, but for now I’m happy to spend some time away from it.



And now, what you've all been waiting for... the results from last week’s contest. I decided to give away six books, since I own a copy. The winners are:



Emilie: That is scary—especially forgetting who the babysitter was. But Daniel was a smart kid; I’m sure he would’ve found a way to contact you.


Recess: Human trafficking is scary indeed, but it was the flattery that clenched it for you.


Moeller: Hilarious! And true for you—until recently. You earned your book.


Amy: That is funny because I know it’s a genuine concern for you. So far, Chester and Jersey have avoided suffocation.


E: I agree about being eaten alive by insects. When I was growing up, one of my biggest fears was that I’d be buried neck-deep in an ant hole, with my mouth propped open and honey spread on tongue. I was a strange kid.


Kim: Terrifying. You wake up and see a dim figure at the foot of your bed, just casually sitting there. You’re not sure if he’s real. Then he moves.



(Anonymous: I agree that “true” stories are always the scariest. Amityville Horror is still one of the most terrifying books I’ve ever read. I had to disqualify you because you didn’t leave your name. Also, I think you might be my mom, which disqualifies you from the contest anyway)



Winners, please email me your address and I’ll send you your copy of Afraid.

3 comments:

  1. Will you please still mail my book even though we live together? I will feel more like a prize winner if I get in in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah, mail Amy's book! Congratulations on finishing your book and hitting send, that must be such an amazing feeling. I can't wait to read it!

    And yay! I'm so excited I won! Thanks for the contest and for the book.

    I wanted to let you know, too, that I referenced your blog on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have thought that I'd become a winner just for having anxiety about losing track of my children! Thank you. I look forward to reading my prize.

    ReplyDelete