Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Honey, I've shrunk my brain


My neocortex is shrinking. My corpus collusum is collapsing.


I've gone two weeks without doing any serious writing, and I'm amazed at how fast those muscles have atrophied. Sitting down to write this blog feels like a mammoth undertaking. My fingers won't move when I tell them to. My eyes deceive me; the blank page is the size of Death Valley. Even my hard-won confidence has eroded; just thinking about sharing words in public roils my stomach like a late-night carne asada burrito.

But there's this wonderful thing called muscle memory. It's what enables bobybuilders to quickly gain back gobs of muscle after taking time off. So, now that the crazy-wonderful wedding period is over, it's time to get back to business. Dust off those dumbbells for some cerbellum curls. Funnel some protein powder into my frontal lobe. With a little hard work, I'll have that washboard gray matter back in no time.


4 comments:

  1. This is how I feel every Monday morning when I turn on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Homer profile photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that is Homer Emilie...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with, Amy. Its how I feel every time I sit down about to writing a blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete