Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Years Resolution (really)


As the year draws to a close, I've been finding less and less time to work on my novel. First came Thanksgiving. And now there's Christmas shopping, holiday parties, end-of-the year deadlines, performance reviews, cookies, eggnog... writing killers, all of them!


I'm feeling better about the direction of my book than I did a few weeks ago, but I just have no time to work on it. I need to make it a priority. I need to make time in 2010, or I'm never going to finish it. If you really want to finish something, you have to set a deadline and announce it to the world. Or at least to The Leaf Blower readers. So, here it is: I will complete the Double-blind manuscript by March 21, 2010.
There. Three months. I can do it.

5 comments:

  1. You will be in New Orleans for a wedding the weekend of March 21. Better finish the book by March 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can! Your fans eagerly await.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does this mean you are going to think about doing it for 3 months and then realize its march 20th 2010 and complete the entire double blind manuscript in one day???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of your ambitious rewrite timeline while i listened to an interview with Orhan Pamuk. Like you he lives for the written word and the visual landscapes it can create. I will be checking in to see how it goes... Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I can download it on my iphone on March 22nd?

    ReplyDelete